Seamicro only 3.5 kw of power with 64 sandy bridge blades and 64 * 500 gigs of storage.
I have been in contact with these guys for a while but really never had a good application for the atom processors. When I heard about the sandy bridge version I saw some good usage for these very compact and low power blades;)
Here is a short summary:
- unbeatable density with minimum power draw.
- the 10k series weakest component according to me is the networking switch. Not really layer 2….
- amazing cabling and easy to mount
- perfect for web services etc
- CLI is easy to use and according to the team extremely powerful
We are still doing some very interesting work on these boxes, story to be told later.
Consider this a little promo for the seamicro chassis and a place for my little video clip.